Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dear Satan

Dear Satan, 

BACK OFF. I've got a life to live and I will live it well. I will make friends, share my opinions, be myself, seek to fulfill important life goals and dreams, and I will fulfill them. Oh will I fulfill them. Want to know why? Because I have Jesus Christ carrying me. I am in His arms. He is holding me on high ground far far away from you. The only thing you can mess with is my head, that's it. And today, I'm telling you, BACK OFF. Today, I'm asking my Savior to take me as I am right now, imperfect and messy, and hold me tighter, love me more tenderly, reassure me with greater compassion, and act as a light and shield between me and you. I'm done considering your lies. I'm done worrying about things that aren't real. I'm done listening to your elaborate stories about me, and about the people I love. You're done. So...

Get. Thee. Hence.

Sincerely, 


Girl of the Dust/Daughter of a King

2 comments: